Getting older can sometimes freak us out. The thought of growing old knowing that we would have done something on our earlier years is even worse. Regret is the worst feeling one could ever have and that’s why we are often advised not to allow it. However, it’s something we can never run from. Each and every person at some point in their lives wish they had a time machine so that they could go back in time and do things the right way.
Anita Nderu is a very beautiful woman, she is successful too. She shocked us all after sharing her depression journey. She suffered from depression and even contemplated suicide.
“Above all even the one night I cried so much I contemplated killing myself, guys I wanted to blow my brains out, I remember only @dunn_can thought I wasn’t okay that night when he saw me, I asked myself, are they worth it? No. God has a plan, he always does just hang in there boo.
I recently addressed this issue in a WhatsApp group, the person supposed to be impartial was so rude, I cried even more.
Every time I share my story about going through depression all of last year I get DM’s asking how did you get over it? I am very misunderstood, I came to realize that, those who care to get to know me, know I am not what they perceived. I had to identify what was causing it first and as God would have it, it is off my hands. My friends and family picked all those dramatic calls.”
After this confession, Anita Nderu fans have been asking her so many questions about how she managed to beat the depression. One particular fan asked her what she could have done is she was taken 10 years back.
Anita Nderu gave 10 detailed things she could do,
- I wouldn’t be too trusting
- I would have taken the job in S.A
- I would un date two guys I dated
- I would call my mum more often
- I would spend less money on shoes
- I would never have been friends with so many people.
- I would eat healthier and work out more.
- I would stress less on life cause it worked itself well.
- I would spoil my family and best friends rotten more.
- I would not let my puppy Chewy go to my dad’s house. He died there.
What would you do differently?