A fire razed a dormitory in Kamuiru Boys High School in Kirinyaga Central Sub-County today leaving several students traumatized. 17 students together with one staff were, later on, rushed to the hospital because they had inhaled toxic fumes.
Property of unknown value was also lost in the incident that occurred as students attended their evening classes.
Students are expected to go back to normal learning.
“We received information about the incident late and when we arrived at the school, the dormitory had already been destroyed by the fire, “said John Kiama, the head of the fire department.
“Since the students who had inhaled the toxic gases from the burning dormitory have been treated and discharged, learning is to continue as usual. Alternative accommodation has been organized for the affected students,